The women of Karsh Hagan are anything but boring. We are creators, thinkers, innovators, pioneers, skiers, snowboarders, hikers, campers, dog-lovers, travelers, adventure seekers, I could go on and on, but you get the point. And, let’s not forget that we live in the number one ranked best to place to live. So what does that mean? It means being a Colorado woman is having a spirit of adventure, a soul that needs sunshine and hunger to keep climbing higher.
Today we are celebrating women’s achievements around the world. At Karsh Hagan, we have a lot to be proud of and to be inspired by. From our CO-CEO, Kathy Hagan Brown to our President, Tracy Broderick, we know that no matter what our gender is; our opinion and our work are valued.
Why are we proud? Because Karsh Hagan has always valued women and men equally, it’s not about gender here; it’s about the quality of the work, creativity, integrity, and purpose.
- More than half of our workforce is made up of women.
- KH is majority woman-owned by Kathy Hagan Brown.
- The senior team is 70 percent women.
- There is a mentorship program that helps accelerate personal development and ensure a positive approach to problems or concerns.
- Monthly lady dinners encourage us to bond outside of work and indulge in each others cooking (yes, we are darn good cooks).
- Work/family balance is respected and encouraged. Karsh Hagan values balance and makes sure the professional development and advancement won’t suffer because of it.
- We have a lot of smart female clients that we support and that we learn from. We love our clients, and we are proud to work with wonderful and talented women every day.
Why are we inspired? Not only are we inspired by the people we work with, but we are also always, literally, every day, inspired by the state we live in.
To continue to elevate women in the workplace, we asked the ladies of Karsh Hagan to share their advice.
- “Just be you! Males and females have different talents, which is why we work so efficiently together on teams. Let your strengths shine through in your work – don’t be afraid to speak up.”– Allison Tonini, Print Production Manager
- “Be confident in you own skin and don’t be scared to speak your mind, even in situations where it seems challenging. Always strive to push yourself a little further each day.”– Martha Powers, Account Coordinator
- “Be yourself. Never Stop Learning and growing!”– Tracy Broderick, President
- “Don’t be afraid to be yourself. Be your own advocate. Don’t accept a different set of rules just because you are a woman.”-Lauren Curler, Account Director; Carol Quinn, Account Director and Meg Milligan, VP, Group Account Director
- “Work hard. But work and family don’t have to be an either/or.” -Tracy Broderick, President
- “You can do anything a man can do. Be confident in yourself. Don’t gossip. Don’t treat pregnancy like it’s a sickness.”– Brin Schwartz, Senior Media Planner/Buyer
- “Be yourself, but remember it is better to be respected than liked.”– Camille Ziccardi, Account Supervisor
The care and consideration that we offer each other here have significantly contributed to our culture, allowing us to continue to elevate what’s possible.
About International Women’s Day: It was started in 1909 and is a global day celebrating the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women. The day also marks a call to action for accelerating gender parity.
-Jen Illescas, Senior PR & Content Manager